Monday, February 5, 2024

GOD IS A JEALOUS GOD

 




WORDS OF WISDOM: 


 GOD IS A JEALOUS GOD 


 SCRIPTURES: 

Deuteronomy 4:23-24 
Be careful not to forget the covenant of the Lord your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the Lord your God has forbidden. For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. 

Exodus 34:14 
For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God . 

Exodus 20:5 
God says that he is a jealous god. As jealousy is synonymous with envy, which is a deadly sin, so is God worth praying to. 

 Deuteronomy 5:9 
 You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me...

 Isaiah 42:8 
 I am the Lord; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.  


Prayer: 

Father, we praise you this Monday morning. Father, give us this day, our daily bread and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from all evil. Help us to see all the choices we have ahead of us so that we can alter the direction of our lives. In this new year, we don’t want to repeat or keep traveling the same road. Give us the wisdom on how to handle situations in our lives. We ask You to empower us to let go of the painful events and heartaches that would keep us bound. Thank You for Your forgiveness that You have offered to us at such a great price. Pour it into our hearts so we can relinquish bitterness, hurts and disappointments that have no place in our lives. Please set us free to forgive those who have sinned against us and caused us pain, Open our hearts to receive Your complete forgiveness and amazing grace. You have promised to bind up our wounds and restore our soul. Create within us a clean heart and renew our spirit, Lord. Help us to relinquish our past, surrender to You our present and move to the future that You have prepared for us. I ask You to come into our hearts and make us who You have called us to be so that we might do Your will here on earth. We thank You Lord in advance. We pray that You will begin to gloriously renew our present. In JESUS name we pray, Amen . 🙏🏾 

Reflection: 

Lord, when I think about jealousy and being jealous of something or someone, it means to me that you want to be like that person or want what they have. Wanting something that someone else have or seem to have can put a little jealousy or envy in you if you’re not careful. So I’m not gonna act like I don't have idols because there have been people, desires, jobs, things and pursuits I've put above, before, or amidst of You Father. Sometimes I just get so into trying to do things on my own or trying to make things happen but I have learned to put you first, no matter what. No one should ever take that 1st place in my life. As much as I don't want to admit it, there were times  I've conformed to the routines and patterns of this world because it appealed to me and part of me liked it or wanted it at the time. But with the new knowledge and new conviction I have, especially while I was on this fast, I’ve learned some things about me and about my desires that have to be put to rest and then I had to overcome them. I am repenting from the sin I've committed. For as long as I live, I will tell of the goodness of the Lord my GOD. I want to be in your will, not my own, seeking you daily for every single thing. Father give me a mind to pray about everything and to keep in mind the miracles You've performed. Humble me to share testimonies that seem old or small to me, but will bless someone that needs to know you, Father, and all that you will and can do. Reveal to me any idols I've overlooked so You're the only God on the throne in my soul and mind. I don’t want it, Father, if it’s not from you, I will love you, GOD, with my whole heart. I'm seeking you, no matter what. You do it for me. All i need is you. 

 Quotes : 
Life is one big road with lots of signs. ... You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars. Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius. 

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy 

Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. J.R. Ward, 

 You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself. 
Margaret Atwood 

 Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change the heart of others-- it only changes yours. 
Shannon Alder 

 Isn't it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?
 Sean Covey 

Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other
Robert A. Heinlein 


 JESUS is my Everything! 

 MONIZION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Me Choose Wisley

 Words Of Wisdom:  Help Me Choose Wisley:  Scripture:  Job 34:4  Let us choose for ourselves what is right;Let us know among ourselves what ...