Tuesday, February 13, 2024

GOD CALLS US TO BE HOLY

 





WORDS OF WISDOM: 

 
GOD CALLS US TO BE HOLY


SCRIPTURES: 

1 Peter 1:16 
Since it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy. 

 Leviticus 11:44 
 For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. You shall not defile yourselves. 

 1 Peter 1:15 
 But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 

 Leviticus 19:2 
Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God call you to be Holy. 

Prayer: 

Father, we praise you this Tuesday morning. On this day I will take time to seek you and use the Holy Spirit to refill and renew my strength to keep going in the face of whatever situations may come my way. Thank you, Father, for giving us this day, our daily bread and for leading us not into temptation, but delivering us from all evil. Help us to see all the choices we have ahead of us so that we can alter the direction of our lives. In this new year, we don’t want to repeat or keep traveling the same road. Give us the wisdom on how to handle situations in our lives. We ask You to empower us to let go of the painful events and heartaches that would keep us bound. Thank You for Your forgiveness that You have offered to us at such a great price. Pour it into our hearts so we can relinquish bitterness, hurts and disappointments that have no place in our lives. Please set us free to forgive those who have sinned against us and caused us pain, Open our hearts to receive Your complete forgiveness and amazing grace. You have promised to bind up our wounds and restore our soul. Create within us a clean heart and renew our spirit, Lord. Help us to relinquish our past, surrender to You our present and move to the future that You have prepared for us. I ask You to come into our hearts and make us who You have called us to be so that we might do Your will here on earth. We thank You Lord in advance. We pray that You will begin to gloriously renew our present. In JESUS name we pray, Amen. 🙏🏾 



Reflection: 
Father,  I want to live my life committed to your will and plan for me. I admit, Father, that staying grounded requires commitment, discipline and no distractions. Lord, I know that being Holy means I am completely dedicated to You and towards Your purpose for my life. That means not allowing myself to get distracted. Father, I'm so thankful that You don’t require me to be perfect. But you require commitment by me surrendering all to you, Father. I know that i can be Holy because You are Holy! And I know you wouldn’t ask me to live Holy if it wasn’t possible. Lord, let the power of Your Holy Spirit be at work in me so I will stay grounded in your will and purpose. I want to live a life of purpose and commitment. I want to be sold out for the kingdom. Nothing else matters to me at this point but building and growing in you, Father  Apart from You, I can do nothing, Father, but with You all things are possible! Help me to include You in every part of my life! You know my strengths, weaknesses and all my flaws but You still chose me! Thank you for helping me to live a life of purpose and to experience your love. I know that you want the best for me.  I know that you have given me all I need to walk this life out and with you I can’t fail. I win every time with you by my side.


Quotes: 

Holiness does not consist in doing extraordinary things. It consists in accepting, with a smile, what Jesus sends us. It consists in accepting and following the will of God. Mother Teresa 

Self-righteousness is much like a spiritual egocentricity. It constitutes a secular type of love that thrives under conditionality, one in which is only existent after an individual meets the adopted standards of the condemner; oppositely, unconditional love is a holy love. Criss Jami 

Why would we want fame, when God promises us glory? Why would we be seeking the wealth of the world when the wealth of heaven is ours? Why would we run for a crown that will perish with time, when we're called to win a crown that is imperishable?  Paul Washer 

 Love is holy because it is like grace--the worthiness of its object is never really what matters. 
 Robinson 

 When God takes out the trash, don't go digging back through it. Trust Him.
 Amaka Imani Nkosazana 


 JESUS is my Everything! 

 MONIZION

No comments:

Post a Comment

GIVE ME FAITH TO GET IT DONE

WORDS OF WISDOM: GIVE ME FAITH TO GET IT DONE:  SCRIPTURE: Hebrew11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who c...