Wednesday, January 3, 2024

31 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING: DAY 2




DAY 2 OF PRAYER & FASTING 



SCRIPTURE:

DANIEL:10:3
I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.



PRAYER STARTER: 

Father God, I thank you for keeping us all year. The New Year can often bring a mixed bag of emotions and memories for many of us. The events of 2023, including ongoing killings, racial tensions, Covid, which kept returning its ugly head, joblessness, and financial hardship and political changes created an unprecedented time of unrest and anxiety. Along with all that, so many people are upset, stressed out, turning to drugs, alcohol, men or women, and God knows what else, just to have a temporary solution or outlet to relieve their stress. When after the dust pass, the problem is still there and actually is worse because you created another problem for real. While some may have just experienced the best year ever and look forward to an even greater one looming ahead, others may have just trudged through one deep struggle after another. The fresh calendar year brings desperate hope for things to be better, with an ache for the still-fresh wounds to slowly begin their process of healing. Praying at the start of the New Year doesn't always bring immediate change at the stroke of midnight, but it begins the opening of our hearts to God's Words of hope and peace and trusting GOD no matter what. I'm excited about these 31 days of praying and fasting. As we can start on a new journey, a new destiny and a new purpose in life.  This is the 2nd day of the fast. I’m so grateful and thankful to GOD for this opportunity to increase my relationship with Him and for all of the possibilities that we can experience on this 31 day journey.  I have great expectations to see all that’s going to happen on my journey as I go through these 31 days of prayer and fasting and consecration. I also printed out my fasting contract.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Me Choose Wisley

 Words Of Wisdom:  Help Me Choose Wisley:  Scripture:  Job 34:4  Let us choose for ourselves what is right;Let us know among ourselves what ...