Wednesday, January 5, 2022

31 Days of Fasting: Day 5

 


31 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING 


DAY 5 OF PRAYER & FASTING 


SCRIPTURE:

JOEL 2:12 Returning to God with a whole heart. Yet even now, says our God, return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; Return to your God, who is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and relents from punishing.



PRAYER STARTER: 

Father God, I thank you, for keeping us all year. The New Year can often bring a mixed bag of emotions and memories for many of us. The events of 2021, including an ongoing pandemic, racial tensions, joblessness, and political unrest created an unprecedented time of unrest and anxiety. While some may have just experienced the best year ever and look forward to an even greater one ahead, others may have just trudged through one deep struggle after another. The fresh calendar year brings desperate hope for things to be better, with an ache for the still-fresh wounds to slowly begin their process of healing. Praying at the start of the New Year doesn't always bring immediate change at the stroke of midnight, but it begins the opening of our hearts to God's Words of hope and peace and trusting GOD no matter what. I'm excited about these 31 days of praying and fasting because we can start on a new journey, a new destiny and a new purpose in life.  This is the 5th day of the fast. I’m so grateful and thankful to God for this opportunity to increase my relationship with Him and exploring all the possibilities that we can experience on these 31 days of a journey of prayer and fasting. I thank Him for allowing us to develop a closer and stronger relationship with Him.  I have great expectations to see all that’s going to happen on my journey as I go through these 31 days of prayer and fasting and consecration. I printed out my fasting contract so that I can detail the things that I want to offer up to God and to see him move on my behalf. I don’t know if anyone has been on a spiritual fast before, but this is my 17th year of my journey of fasting and praying with GOD guiding me. In 2022, I’m expecting a higher move of GOD, along with signs and wonders.  I'm asking  him continuously, to build me up to strengthen me to walk with Him and to take me higher in Him. Last year was a very trying time, but I’m embracing this year and this new season with great anticipation that we’re going to see a mighty move of God. I’m very excited about the move of GOD in this season. Let’s see what GOD is going to do in these 31 days of prayer 🙏🏽 and fasting.


WHAT IS FAST : 

Fasting is the willful refrainment from eating and sometimes drinking. 

WHAT IS CONSECRATION:

Consecration, an act by which a person or a thing is separated from secular or profane use and dedicated permanently to the sacred by prayers to make holy. When one makes an act of consecration, it is made ultimately to God with the understanding that our consecration is a serious thing. 

DANIEL’S DIET AND FASTS.    

The primary object in the consecration fast is to have our spiritual nature refined and the old carnality so brought into subjection that we will have a new infilling of the Holy Spirit and increase of the fruits of the Spirit and a higher level of faith.

1. Daniel was a man of prayer and worship.

Dan 6:10  And when he had learned that the document was signed, Daniel went to his house. And his windows were open in his roof room toward Jerusalem. He knelt on his knees three times in the day, and prayed and praised before his God, as he did before.

Daniel was praying 3 times a day. Prayer and fasting was his lifestyle. Worship is just another way of loving God our Father and Jesus our Savior. No wonder that Daniel was addressed by the archangel Gabriel by the words, "Oh man greatly beloved."

Daniel had a tremendous significance in GOD'S sight because he was a humble servant with high duties under 4 Emperors and he lived nearly 100 years. Because Daniel worshipped God, Yahweh, and was willing to labor in prayer and fasting, GOD used him in a mighty manner.

 

2. Daniels partial fast.

Dan 1:12  Please, test your servants ten days. And let vegetables be given to us that we may eat, and water that we may drink.

Dan 1:13  Then let our face be seen before you, our countenance and the appearance of the boys who eat of the king's food. And as you see, do so with your servants.

Dan 1:14  And he listened to them in this matter and tested them for ten days.

Dan 1:15  And at the end of ten days their faces looked better and fatter of flesh than all the boys who were eating the king's food.

Dan 10:3  I ate no food for delight, and no flesh or wine came into my mouth. I did not anoint myself at all until three weeks of days were fulfilled. 

Daniel knew how to eat a healthy diet. He ate vegetables and drank water only. He had insight and wisdom.

Jesus said,  Luke 21:34  "But take heed to yourselves that your hearts not be loaded down with headaches (surfeiting), and drinking, and anxieties of life, and that day come suddenly upon you."

Daniel knew the Garden of Eden diet. From the beginning, God gave man the best food. This kind of food would fully cover all nutrimental needs for man, sufficient for at least 963 years of living. Even Methuselah lived on the Garden of Eden diet.

Gen 1:29  "And God said, Behold, I have given you every plant seeding seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree seeding seed; it shall be food for you."

Daniel had divine wisdom, not mere human wisdom. Wisdom of God lasts forever. Human wisdom is also called Philosophy that will vanish away when Jesus returns and He restores and establishes the Kingdom of God.

Right living has very much to do with strong faith in God and His Word of truth.

 

3. The king fasts for Daniel.  Dan. 6:18

Dan 6:18  "Then the king went to his palace and spent the night fasting; and diversions were not brought before him; and his sleep fled from him."

Dan 6:19  "Then the king rose up in the dawn, in the daylight, and hurried to the lions' den."

Dan 6:20  "And when he came to the den, he cried with a grieved voice to Daniel. The king spoke and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, your God whom you always serve, is He able to deliver you from the lions?"

 

The king was well acquainted with Daniel's way of life and he resorted to the same method as Daniel used; the king fasted for Daniel. He also got his reward. God is always answering fasting and prayers so let's stay focused on the fast and journey to see amazing things happen. 

 


CLOSING PRAYER FOR WISDOM: 

GOD, this Day I ask for you to give me wisdom from your truths. Fill me with a desire to faithfully follow after you more than any other thing. Thank you that you are far greater than whatever I may face in the day. Thank you that your presence goes with me and that your joy is never dependent on circumstances, but it is my true and lasting strength. I ask for your peace to lead me and for your grace and goodness to cover my life this day. Let your Spirit and power breathe in me and through me again, fresh and new.  I thank you that no situation is too far out of your control to provide. For you are Jehovah-Jireh, the GOD who provides. I thank you that you own it all, and hold everything in your hands. I thank you that you know our needs before I even ask, before I even come to you. You’re aware of all that concerns me and you have a plan. You hold the provision, you have the solution. You alone can move mountains to make a way for your children. I ask for your answer, in your timing, in your plan, to be given for every need that weighs my hearts down. Forgive us for doubting you, for worrying, and for trying so hard to work everything out on our own. Help me to trust you more. Help me in my unbelief. I choose to recognize and to believe that you are able to accomplish far more, to do far greater, than I even thought possible. I thank you in advance for your miracles, for paving out pathways, for your provision for those who love you. Thank you for the abundance of blessings and goodness you have already stored up. I trust you this day, and every day. I’m so grateful for your power and joy that fills my life. Thank you for teaching me to be content in all circumstances. I love you, Lord. I’m leaning on you, Father. I’m praying for a move of GOD for all my family, friends, and love ones. Father ,I pray for your spirit to be with us and let us experience you like never before. It’s in JESUS name I pray, 🙏🏽 Amen 

JESUS is my Everything 


MONIZION


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Me Choose Wisley

 Words Of Wisdom:  Help Me Choose Wisley:  Scripture:  Job 34:4  Let us choose for ourselves what is right;Let us know among ourselves what ...