Wednesday, January 24, 2024

31 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING: DAY 23




31 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING:

 DAY 23 OF PRAYER & FASTING

 AT TIMES I FEEL ALONE 

 SCRIPTURE:

 Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me 

 John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 

 Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 


 Morning prayer : 🙏🏾 
Heavenly Father, this morning I'm so grateful for you keeping me for the past 23 days.  My emotions and thoughts have been all over the place, but I must say, you are doing a new thing in me. Father, I just say thank you for this fast. It has really been an experience for me and I’m not not new to this, but I have had more of an emotional experience this time. You have shown me some things in me, and in people, that all I can say is GOD you got it! Father, I just want to thank you for keeping us all year, but this is a new day and a new year that you have given to us. I'm excited about these 31 days that we can start on a new journey. A new destiny. A new purpose in life. I’m so grateful and thankful to you for the opportunities to increase my relationship with you and all of the possibilities that I can experience within these 31 days of a journey of prayer and fasting. Today, as I sat and analyzed some things in my life and looked over my vision board, I  wrote down, in detail, the things that I want to see happen on my journey. I also printed out my fasting contract so that I could detail the things that I want to offer up to God in order to see him move on my behalf. I don’t know if anyone has been on a spiritual fast before, but this is the 19th year of my journey of fasting and praying, with GOD guiding me. But this time I’m expecting a higher move of GOD with signs and wonders. I'm asking him continuously to build me up and to strengthen me to walk with Him. I'm asking Him to take me higher in him. This past year had been a very trying time but I’m embracing this new year, this new season, with great anticipation that we will see a mighty move of God! I’m very excited about the move of GOD in this season. Let’s see what GOD is going to do in these 31 days of prayer and fasting!

 WISDOM on prayers and victories on fasting: 

 Jesus said, “When you pray... when you fast... when you give...” (see Matthew 6, NIV). He expects those who follow Him to do these things whether they feel a special leading or not. These things should be part of every believer’s life. Now, it is good to be very specific in your prayers during a fast. So, consider what is the most critical thing you want God to do in your life. How are you seeking to be transformed? Who are you praying for to be saved? He told Habakkuk to “write the vision and make it plain…” (Habakkuk 2:2, NKJV). If you let it, your flesh will take over and rule your life. That is why times of fasting are so crucial to your walk with God. Fasting helps you establish dominion and authority over your flesh. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart (Galatians 6:7–9, NKJV). Keep your armor fit and your blade sharp! What was your reason for starting this fast? Have you had a spiritual awakening? You might feel like you're not great at prayer. But that's a lie. Just take a few seconds right now and thank God for His presence in your life. And simply ask Him to get involved in the rest of your day. He will! He is ready to move, help, comfort, answer, heal, and restore wherever you need it today. "Ask and you shall receive" (Matthew 7:7). 

 Fasting from the thought "AT TIMES I FEEL ALONE"

 In Mark 4, when the disciples tried to cross over to the other side of the sea in the boat, they were overwhelmed by the storm that struck their ship. They feared for their lives, bailing out water furiously. Have you ever been in a storm? The waters crash against you. You feel helpless. You feel alone. You cry out, "Lord, where are you? Don’t you care?" The disciples forgot one small detail in the midst of their storm: Jesus was in the boat with them. There was nothing greater than His presence! Let’s overcome the thought that says, "I feel alone. Where is God when I need Him most." 


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY HE IS IN THE BOAT WITH YOU! 

In Mark 4:36-40, Jesus was asleep in the boat. Someone asked me once, "How do we wake Jesus up, when He is asleep in our boat, in the middle of a storm?" Well, I said, "You don’t wake Him up. You rest with Him!" If He’s not worried, don’t you worry. HIS PRESENCE calmed the storm then, just as it will do now. 

 THE DISCIPLES DIDN'T NEED JESUS TO AWAKE They needed to awake to the fact that God was with them. When you know He is with you, there is nothing to fear. Psalm 23:4 says, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear NO EVIL, for You are with me!" GREAT MIRACLE = JESUS CALMED THE STORM. GREATER MIRACLE = JESUS SLEPT IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM Give God something to work with, because He can do beyond. We have to at least give Him a base to begin with. DO NOT MISTAKE FIRE IN YOUR LIFE FOR GOD’S ABSENCE In Daniel 3:22-25, Jesus was the fourth man in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. He was present in the middle of the fire. Just because you don’t feel His presence, doesn’t mean He isn’t there. BELIEVE HE IS WITH YOU, and eventually your situation will FEEL HIS PRESENCE! PSALM 91:10 SAYS, "NO EVIL SHALL BEFALL YOU, NOR SHALL ANY PLAGUE COME NEAR YOUR TENT. The next verse says, "For He will give His angel(s) charge concerning you." There are many angels involved in our lives, but this is talking about HIS ANGEL. The Old Testament "Angel" is Jesus Christ himself. He is Lord; therefore He has charge concerning us! 

THINK IT AND SAY IT: I am not trying to get in God's presence; I am already in, through the blood of Jesus. He is in my boat with me. He is not "over there." He is "here" right now—with me and in me! I awake to the fact that He is with me. There is no separation. I can rest with Him, in the midst of any storm. I can walk with Him in the midst of the fire. I am fearless, because He is with me. Therefore, no evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near my dwelling place—my church, my home, my body, or my life—in Jesus’ Name! 

Quotes: 
We need silence to be alone with God, to speak to him, to listen to him, to ponder his words deep in our hearts. We need to be alone with God in silence to be renewed and transformed. Silence gives us a new outlook on life. In it we are filled with the energy of God himself that makes us do all things with joy. Mother Teresa 

 Social distancing is staying away from people not from your purpose. Amit Kalantri 

Many people seek fellowship because they are afraid to be alone...let him who cannot be alone beware of community. He will do harm to himself and to the community. Alone you stood before God when he called you; alone you had to answer that call; alone you had to struggle and pray; and alone you will die and give an account to God. You cannot escape yourself, for God has singled you out. 
Dietrich Bonhoeffer 

 The time you spend alone with God will transform your character and increase your devotion. Then your integrity and godly behavior in an unbelieving world will make others long to know the Lord. Charles Stanley 
 
Be alone. That’s when and where you will refresh. Be a stranger someplace for some odd amount of time. Introduce you to you. Try on new thoughts like sneakers. Walk up and back. How’s the toe feel? Recharge and welcome the new year like you’d welcome a happy puppy returning a stick. Tail wagging, tongue out. Then mix in with those who unbecame to become their best selves, too. 
Darnell Lamont Walker 

 One of the best gifts we can give ourselves is time alone with God. Joyce Meyer 

CLOSING PRAYER: 
Heavenly Father, I'm so grateful we are past the half way mark of the fast, Day 23. I'm so excited about all your doing! I must admit, it’s been challenging at times. Not so much the not eating but the shifting and the cutting away of the things you have revealed to me. All I can say is WOW, I wasn’t ready. But I praise you GOD in the midst of it all. Thank you for your amazing grace, power and work in our lives. This morning, help us to trust you to meet our every need. Help us to practice self control and discipline. Help us to stop over thinking and control our thoughts and emotions because they really affect everything we do. Help us get control of ourselves and the way we think and react as to not allow the spirit of stress to overtake us. We are too blessed to be stressing over anything. Let’s get to it! We are winning! Father, give us this day, our daily bread. Thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us. Thank you that you are able to bring hope through even the toughest of times by strengthening us for your purpose. Thank you for your great love and care. Thank you for your mercy and grace. Thank you that you are always with us and will never leave us. Thank you for your incredible sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Forgive us for when we don't thank you enough for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you've given. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you. Renew our spirits, fill us with your peace and joy. We love you and we need you, this day and every day. We give you praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy! Father Thank you for your presence with us, thank you for your Almighty power. Thank you that you go before us and cover us.  Thank you that you are in our midst and that our future is secure in the place you're preparing for us. Your words bring such hope and comfort. Remind us of your strength today. May we see glimpses of your glory and blessings along the way as we seek after you. For victory and salvation are found in you alone. Father I pray for your spirit to be with us and let us experience you like never before on this fast. In the Mighty Name of JESUS name I pray, 🙏🏽 Amen


 On your days of fasting, remember to : 
• Keep drinking plenty of water
• Rest and relax when you need to
• Continue to meditate and listen to God in prayer and worship. 


If anyone would like more information on fasting or would like a fasting contract emailed to them, text me your email address to 202-930-2259 or email us at truthministries9@gmail.com. We will send you the information as soon as possible! Be blessed and let’s get it this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Me Choose Wisley

 Words Of Wisdom:  Help Me Choose Wisley:  Scripture:  Job 34:4  Let us choose for ourselves what is right;Let us know among ourselves what ...